Pages

Sunday 2 July 2017

Small Gold Butterfly


The main project I'm working on at the moment is my phase 4 Japanese Embroidery piece - the Butterfly Panel. After finishing the circles around the red butterfly, there was a bit more variety for the large and small gold butterflies. The small gold butterfly is now finished and the large gold butterfly is coming along as well.  


All I have left to do now, is to surround the large gold butterfly with circles. As it will be a larger area than around the red butterfly, it is still likely to take me a fair few months more. Here's how the whole design looks so far.


5 comments:

Ann said...

This is exquisite!

tpotty28 said...

Looking good - can't wait to see your finished piece. How different is the technique from the other goldwork you have done?
Think this design is much more appealing than the phase 4 design Karahana which was the only one available when I started Japanese embroidery maybe that's why I never progressed past phase 2!

D1-D2 said...

I've never seen this phase 4 piece. It looks gorgeous so far. I can't wait to see what it looks like finished.

Wendy said...

oh wow, that's beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Wow, this looks so intricate.